Information We Collect
A. Information You Provide Us Directly
We collect information you provide us, such as the information you are required to provide in order to create an account to access our services, including:
● First and Last Name
● Date of Birth
● Mobile Phone Number
● Vehicle information
● Photos You Upload (Photos may be updated or removed and are viewable by Carsmartt and other users)
● Scan of Driver’s License (Drivers)
● Credit Card Number and Billing Information, and/or information regarding your Paypal or other authorized payment services you may use for the application
● Reviews of Your Trips
● Trip details
● Replies to Questionnaires
● Any Feedback You Provide
● And any other information you may provide to us
B. Information We Obtain When You Use Carsmartt
We collect information about you when you use our services, such as:
● Location Information:In order for our application to function properly, it is imperative that we collect location information from your device.We collect geographical location data about the trip from the mobile application from the Driver’s application when the application is in use. However, if you have given consent for the application to access your location services, data regarding the precise location of your device may be collected, whether the app is running in the foreground or background. Your IP address may also be used in order to collect information about your location.
● Mobile Device Information: Information about your device may be collected automatically to be certain that our application is compatible with your device, for any necessary updates, for product support, or any other application functions that may require such data. Device information that may be collected includes: phone number, hardware model, serial number, IP address, mobile network information, preferred language, browser type and version, operating system and version, browser plug-in types and versions, unique service identifier, advertising identifiers, information regarding your usage on our platform.
● Calls and SMS Information: We collect data regarding calls and SMS messages sent between users, such as the phone numbers of the users, the date and time of the call or SMS message, and the content of SMS messages. This information will never be used for commercial and/or advertising purposes. However, we may collect this information to scan the messages for any fraudulent transactions or to verify that users are not providing their personal contact details in order to bypass using our platform for the services provided.
C. Information We Obtain From Third Parties
● If you sign up via social media authentication, Carsmarttwill automatically gain access to public personal data obtainable via your social media, including: first and last name, picture, email, number of friends or followers, etc. Carsmartt may also collect personal data when you interact with third party social media features, such as “Like” functions.
● We may collect ratings about you from other users after using our Carsmartt services.
Use Of Information
Such information may be stored, processed, and/or accessed by Carsmartt, as well as its service providers, for business purposes, including for marketing, lead generation, service development and improvement, analytics, industry and market research, and such other related business purposes.
By submitting information to Carsmartt during the account creation process and/or by using the Services, you consent to such collection and use of said registration information.
We use the information we collect from all Users to:
● Connect Users and provide information between you and other users, such as the distance and/or estimated time of arrival between users, and other related purposes;
● Provide, improve, expand, and promote Carsmartt Services;
● AnalyzeCarsmartt Services;
● Communicate with you, either directly via text messages and push notifications or through one of our partners, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
● Complete transactions and process payments;
● Provide users customer support;
● Find and prevent fraud; and
● Respond to trust and safety issues that may arise, including auto incidents, disputes between users, and requests from government authorities.
Additionally, we use information we collect from Drivers for the following driving related purposes:
● Sending emails and text messages to users once they begin the driver application process, regarding the status of their application;
● Determining a user’s eligibility to drive for Carsmartt; and
● Notifying Drivers about ride information, pricing and updates
Transferring of Information
● Third parties such as copyright owners, internet and wireless service providers, and/or law enforcement agencies, if deemed reasonably necessary to comply with any relevant laws, regulations, legal requests or processes, or governmental requests in order to protect the safety, property, or legal rights of Carsmartt or any of the aforementioned third parties or any third party with a relevant interest. This information will also be used to prevent, identify or attend to any fraud, security, or any otherwise illegal activity.
● We may share data from you, as mentioned above with our business subsidiaries or affiliates for business reasons. Further, we may share your information with any future owner or partner of Carsmartt.
The above mentioned disclosures of your information may be revealed without providing any notice to you.
Direct Marketing and Target Advertising
We may collect information such as the pages you visit and your searches for direct marketing and/or target “behavioral” advertising purposes. This information is collected anonymously from your device using a cookie ID, or similar technology, as an identifier and does not contain any personal information such as your name, address, or other personal information. For additional information regarding these anonymous identifiers.
You may correct, amend, or delete inaccurate account information by logging into your account at any time. If you wish to cancel your account, you may do so on our application in your account settings.
Please be advised that Carsmartt has the right to retain your information while your account is active. However, please also be advised that, after you cancel your account, Carsmartt may continue to retain certain information about you as permitted or required by law, or for legitimate purposes. Such purposes include: resolving disputes, investigating or preventing fraud or activity that may be in violation of our Terms & Conditions, or other related matters.
Cookies, or “tracking pixels”, and other similar identification technologies are small, often encrypted textual data files installed on webpages, applications, or advertisements, which can gather certain information about a user’s device and browser. This information includes information such as the type of device and version, IP address, browser type and version, operating system, websites visited, time of visit, referring sites, and other related information that is used to identify the user’s device.
Although most browsers accept cookies by default, there is usually an option located in the Help or Preference menus, giving users the option to remove or reject cookies. However, please be aware that